Today, December 17, is Free Shipping Day. This is the sixth year that the website Freeshipping.org has organized an online shopping day for online purchases and stores with free shipping. (The first online shopping and free shipping holiday was held in December 2007.)
In 2012 there are more than 1,600 online stores with free shipping participating in Free Shipping Day. Hundreds of these stores have something to do with home furnishings, which is why I've decided to highlight some of those deals in today's blog post. I'd like to help you have a frugal holiday.
It's important for you to start your online shopping day on the Free Shipping Day website. Why? Because many stores include their free shipping code on that site only. If you click through, your online shopping with free shipping code may not be automatically applied to your checkout.
Here are 5 examples of stores for the home with free shipping deals today:
- Art.com: I featured some of the posters from Art.com in my 50 Shades of Grey series of stories—on living room and bathroom furnishings. Today not only will you get free shipping on the site, when you spend at least $25, but you can take 20 percent off your purchase as well.
- Coyuchi: This company, which I've mentioned in my story on 8 earth-friendly home furnishings, focuses on all-organic bedding and "soft" lines for the home—towels, rugs and more. Today, all shipping is free site wide.
- Lighting, Etc.: I don't have to do much explaining as to what a site called Lighting, Etc. sells. But if you need anything from chandeliers to outdoor lighting, this site has free shipping on all orders today only.
- Mikasa: I have a Mikasa dish that I received 20 years ago as a wedding gift and just used with last night's dinner. This is good stuff that lasts. This maker of serving dishes, plates, and more normally offers free shipping only when you spend $199. But today only all ground shipping is free.
- Skil Tools: Need to buy a gift for a Tim Allen "Home Improvement" wannabe? This maker of tools will give you free shipping when you spend $69 or more on the site today only, slashed from the regular free shipping threshold of $199.
Keep in mind that there are many other stores offering online shopping with free shipping. You'll find these stores with free shipping in shopping categories from accessories to women's clothing. Also, in order to participate in Free Shipping Day 2012, these online businesses had to agree to offer some form of free shipping that guarantees delivery by Christmas Eve, only one week away.
So if you have any last-minute shopping you need to do, want to save on shipping, and need gifts by December 24, you may want to go check out the deals over on Freeshippday.com.