After I mentioned to my vet that Casey had gotten into a bag of macademia nut cookies, I began to worry. My vet told me macademia nuts and many other common foods are toxic to dogs. I hadn't realized that. Properly feeding your dog is likely to keep him or her as content as the golden lab at the end of this slide show! Please share this with your family, your petsitter and others who care for dogs.
For more super pet safety tips, including a great story on pet allergies and the dangers of feeding dogs chocolate, be sure to check out Petside.com.
The only way Casey gets anything but dog food, is when we drop something on the floor accidentally, including grapes, or when he makes his way into the pretzel drawer that someone left open.